The world is becoming more and more digital with each passing day and it's a tough job for marketers to stay on top of their digital game with all of the new trends, technologies and algorithm updates. Therefore, Lessing-Flynn's team of digital experts created an all-things-digital blog series called the "Digital Download." The Digital Download will bring the best digital trends, articles, updates and news to you all in a quick monthly blog post.
Below is the September 2015 edition, to read last month's Digital Download click here!
- Instagram is thinking outside the box (or square) and is now supporting both landscape and portrait sized photo and video posts. Don't freak out - you can still post square images if you choose to do so!
- Listen to Pandora? I bet so (there are 80 million active listeners!). Pandora recently rolled out a way for brands to buy hour-long sponsored listening on Pandora.
- Google is officially making some changes to Google +, which includes providing a more focused G+ experience and allowing people to use Google products without a G+ profile.
- Why doesn't my blog get any traffic? Here are 4 simple reasons why your blog still isn't getting traffic.
- Boost conversion rates with these four simple tips on building a better PPC landing page.
- A University of Pittsburgh Marketing professor gave teams of students $100 each to spend in order to promote a small business. One team brought in over $20,000 in sales because of how they spent their marketing dollars.
- From the Lessing-Flynn Vault...is your marketing mix mixed well? Here are some tips for 2016 planning.
- Google recently announced they are starting to show tweets in Google desktop search results. (In May, Google started showing relevant tweets in mobile search results.)
- Looking to advertise on Facebook? (Ads are highly targeted!) Here's a quick step-by-step guide on how to set up a Facebook advertising campaign.
- There are many open source content management systems available for those looking to build a website. But what are some of the similarities and differences between Wordpress, Drupal and Joomla?
- Google recently launched a new logo - but that's not all. The new logo comes along with a new identity family, which will give Google the flexibility to utilize the new look on myriad of platforms - wearable technologies, TVs, desktops, phones and more.
- Here are a few of the top digital conferences that marketers should consider attending, according to AdWeek.
- And, just for fun: Cat owners tend to be less stressed and live longer, studies show. De-stress with this cat's purr generator. Do it. Like right meow!